Thursday Giveaway: United GlobalFirst Special Edition Amenity Kit and 10,000 United MileagePlus Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I recently made my first long-haul trip in United GlobalFirst from Los Angeles to Melbourne and I am currently ‘down under’ at the moment exploring the wonders of Australia – and to celebrate, I am giving away a special edition United amenity kit and 10,000 United miles!
On my trip down, I was treated to one of United’s new special edition amenity kits as part of the company’s “Flyer Friendly” campaign. Produced and distributed only between January 3 – March 1 of this year, the commemorative tins contain the same amenities found the traditional BusinessFirst and GlobalFirst kits including Philosophy body products, toothbrush and toothpaste, eye mask, footies and more.
However, the casing features imagery commissioned specifically for the campaign. My kit featured imagery of LAX which is one of the eight North American hubs for United (the others being Chicago, New York City, Cleveland, Washington, D.C., Denver, Houston and San Francisco). The campaign is a throwback to the old United tagline of “Fly the Friendly Skies” from the 1960’s, which is a classic in its own right (if perhaps a little off for United’s current customer service culture).
I think it’s a cute campaign, and the tin is pretty cool, so I am going to give one reader the chance to win this special edition commemorative amenity kit as well as 10,000 United MileagePlus miles.
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite in-flight amenity kit is and why. Maybe its the Delta’s Tumi kit with Malin +Goetz products, or perhaps one of my favorites, the Rimowa luggage-shaped kit distributed on EVA Air. Whichever it is, let me know by commenting here or by posting on our Facebook page by 5pm ET on Monday, February 24th to be eligible. You can only enter once. The winner will be chosen at random and announced next week. Good luck!
And the Winners of Last Week’s Prizes of Passes to the 2014 New York Times Travel Show Are…
Last week, I mentioned that for the third year in a row, I would be speaking at the 2014 New York Times Travel Show, and asked readers to send me what topics they were interested in hearing me discuss in order to win pairs of tickets. We got hundreds of incredible submissions in the comments section as well as on my Instagram feed and Facebook page. Here is the list of winners and some of their great comments and questions that I hope to answer next week. Congrats to those who entered and won, and for the rest, tickets are still available here!
- “I have and Amex Platinum card and I feel like their benefits are dwindling…I would love to hear about your thoughts on how this once elite travel card benefits are changing, the impact of the changes and similar cards you’d recommend”
- “What is the best way to bypass BA surcharges on award flight when using AA miles to Europe”
- “How do you recommend booking award travel on the lowest tier mileage levels vs. peak? Best times? What airlines and where too?”
- “Is there any indication that American Air will ever allow upgrades on awards tickets? Do other carriers offer this and is there any chance that someone will start a trend to allow loyal travelers flexibility when redeeming hard-earned miles?”
- “What are the best cards to get into the best lounges?”
- “Best use of credit cards for other travel, like cruises or excursions?”
- “What can we expect from the merger of AA and USAirways mileage programs?
- “As Emirates has been rapidly adding new US cities, do you anticipate that they will soon join one of the global alliances? If so, which one?”
- Blog Comments: George H, JG, Richard T, Bonnie B, Derek
- Facebook Comments: Bo D., Marlo W., Eric M., Linda H., Jack S.
- Instagram: krasti18, sanamsid, glpichler, johnnycooper, robertplafker
I can’t wait to see you at the New York Times Travel Show, and for any others of you out there who plan on coming, let me know so I can look out for you.
Welcome to The Points Guy!