US Airways Barclaycard 50,000 Miles Sign-Up Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The US Airways World Premier MasterCard has had a number of different sign-up bonuses within the last year- usually in the range of 30,000 to 40,000 miles, but they just announced an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 US Airways miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee.
The miles are usually awarded in the billing cycle when you make the purchase, so they should post pretty quickly if you ask for the card to be rushed. US Airways miles are valuable, though you can often purchase them directly from US Airways at ~1.9 cents a piece (or even as low as 1.1 cents via their occasional 100% Share Miles promotions). At my current valuation of 1.9 cents a piece, 50,000 miles is worth $950. Subtract the annual fee and you’re still looking at $861 in value without taking into consideration any of the other benefits, including:
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
Cardholders of the US Airways MasterCard will also enjoy the following:
- Now receive a 25% in-flight savings on food, beverage, and headset purchases on US Airways and American Airlines flights. This savings will appear as a credit on your statement.
- In addition to earning 2X miles for every dollar you spend on US Airways purchases, you’ll also earn 2X miles on American Airlines purchases.
Some of these benefits will be changing in 2015, notably the companion ticket and 5,000 mile discount on awards, but there’s still time to get value out of them this year before they expire. This card will remain after the US Airways merger with American Airlines is complete, as well as the American AAdvantage Aviator co-branded card, so I recommend signing up now while you can take advantage of the different product.
Welcome to The Points Guy!