Bonus Points or Miles with Hilton Double Your Honors Promo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Hilton HHonors has unveiled a new promo that awards travelers double points for qualified hotel stays. The promo allows you to choose whether you want to earn double Honors points or double airline miles with your preferred airline. The Double Your Honors promo is available from now until May 31, 2015 as long as you’re registered for the Hilton Honors program before you check out at the end of your stay.
- Members can earn double Honors base points or double airline miles for qualified hotel stays completed between now and May 31, 2015, at participating properties.
- To participate in the Double Your Honors promotion, members must register before checking out of their stay, now through May 31, 2015.
- During registration, members will need to select either Double Points or Double Miles for the duration of the promotion.
- To earn Double Miles, members must select “Points and Miles” as their MyWay Earning Style preference, and must select their preferred airline partner.
- Terms & Conditions for this promotion can be found at www.Honors.com/Double.
If you have an itinerary with Hilton in the coming months, this promo is an easy opportunity to boost your points earnings. I like this offer for it’s flexibility in allowing you to earn either airline miles or Honors points. Hilton offers 10 base points per dollar spent on your room, and although I value Hilton Honors points at only about 0.5 cents apiece in my most recent monthly valuations, 10 bonus points is still worth more than 1 or 2 bonus miles.
There are several other easy Hilton Honors promos worth looking into. Hilton is (supposedly) offering 1,000 Honors points to all members simply for updating their online passwords. That promo doesn’t seem to have taken effect yet, but keep an eye on it, because it doesn’t get much easier than that. Also, Hilton recently released a targeted promo for Gold and Diamond elite members, offering 100,000 Honors points simply for logging in. You may not be eligible for the offer, but it’s worth a shot!
If you’re looking for other ways to boost your Hilton Honors account, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card earns 10 points per dollar spent on hotel stays within the Hilton Honors portfolio, 5 points per dollar spent on airline and car rental purchases, and 3 points per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, it comes with a sign-up bonus of 2 free weekend nights after you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months.
The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express currently offers a sign-up bonus of 75,000 Honors points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, and earns 12 bonus points per dollar spent within the Hilton portfolio. Check out Nick Ewen’s review of co-branded Hilton Honors credit cards from Citi and Amex for more details about these and other options.
Welcome to The Points Guy!