This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today a nice Mommy Points reader tweeted me a link that discounted Disney World tickets were available via the Orlando local Travelzoo site (thanks
@TravelClt!). Every now and then I come across absolute gems on Travelzoo, so that is a site that I think is worth a look when you have plans to visit a specific city. For example, last fall we got big discounts on fantastic massages at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek by buying via Travelzoo.
Discounts on a massage are one thing, but getting discounted Disney World tickets is another all together. The discount tickets available are for five or seven day Magic Your Way Tickets with the Park Hopper Option. That means you can go to more than one park in a day, as many times as you wish, for 5 or 7 days. You do not have to use the days consecutively, but you do have to use them within 14 days of the first use. If you haven’t been to Disney with kids, let me warn you that if you have young kids the Park Hopper option is likely a waste as you will probably be too tired to visit more than one park per day. Even with older kids, it doesn’t always make sense to hop parks every day.
Travelzoo is charging a total of $362 for the adult five day tickets (kid’s tickets available, too). Directly from Disney that same ticket would cost $387, so the savings via Travelzoo isn’t huge, but when buying multiple tickets it adds up to at least be enough for a couple meals on your trip.
However, this is not actually the cheapest route to official Disney tickets online. The Travelzoo deal is still a few dollars pricier than my go-to site for discounted Disney World tickets, Undercover Tourist. The same ticket via Undercover Tourist (with the MouseSavers discount link) is currently $358. Without the MouseSavers link the tickets would be slightly higher at $366 each.
To get the MouseSaver’s discount link all you have to do is subscribe to their once monthly newsletter that goes out on the 15th of each month. That newsletter will have a link in it to save money on Disney World tickets, among other things.
If you have a Disney trip planned for this year, you may want to really start looking at tickets now as February is when they increased ticket prices last year, so it is entirely possible that Disney tickets will get more expensive soon. While we are at it, here are lots of other posts I have written on Disney to help you save money and have a successful trip.
How do you go about getting discounted Disney World tickets for your family?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team