One Week Only: Up to 24x Avios per Dollar Spent Using British Airways Portal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Mileage shopping portals are a great way of getting bonus miles for purchases that you’re going to make anyways. Rather than going directly to the store’s website, just a few more clicks through a shopping portal can earn you hundreds — if not thousands — of additional points. In fact, shopping through a portal is so useful that it earns the #6 spot on our Essential Travel Tips for beginners.
And, today, we have some good news for travelers seeking Avios: Now through May 31, British Airways’ shopping portal is awarding 3x the standard earning rate.
Some of the notable offers are:
- eBags: 24x (36-cent return per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sunglass Hut: 24x
- Overstock.com: 21x (31.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Neiman Marcus: 18x (27 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Pottery Barn: 18x
- West Elm: 18x
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond: 12x (18 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Sam’s Club: 12x
- Walmart: 12x
- Macy’s: 9x (13.5 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Apple: 6x (9 cents per $1 spent, based on current TPG valuations)
- Target: 6x
My favorite Avios redemption so far was transferring 25,500 BA Avios to Iberia Avios at 1:1 and booking Iberia’s excellent premium economy product from New York’s JFK to Madrid (MAD) — netting me a 12+ cent per Avios value on the last-second booking on the inaugural flight.
It’s wild to think that you need to spend just $1,063 at either eBags or Sunglass Hut to earn enough Avios for a one-way premium economy flight to Europe!
Need an intro to mileage shopping portals? Here are the basics:
H/T: Mommy Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!