Bid to Be on the Delivery Flight for Norwegian’s First 737 MAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/19/2017: After Boeing’s delay of Norwegian’s first 737 MAX, the delivery flight has now been set for June 29. If you can make it, the auction has been extended to midnight Mountain Time tonight. The current low bid is $1,550 — which is a steal for such an incredible experience. Due to the change in delivery dates, TPG’s JT Genter won’t be able to make the flight.
Dates and details have been updated in the story below:
The Points Guy has long been a fan of MegaDo. More recently, we’ve become a fan of going on delivery flights. Now the two have come together for a spectacular once-in-a-lifetime experience: a MegaDo on the delivery flight of Norwegian’s first Boeing 737 MAX.
Now through June 19, bid for a chance to join Norwegian’s CEO Bjørn Kjos, journalists and 11 other amazing folks such as yourself. The experience includes:
- Ribbon cutting ceremony at Boeing’s delivery center in Seattle.
- Your own three-seat row on board the delivery flight from Seattle to Oslo.
- Arrival ceremony in Oslo.
- Return ticket from Oslo, Norway to any Norwegian US gateway (JFK, LAX, OAK, BOS, FLL, or MCO) in Norwegian Premium class. If you’re Europe-based, you’ve got the option to take this flight to the US before the delivery flight.
Dates/times: The festivities kick off with the ribbon-cutting ceremony on June 29 at 10am. The delivery flight is currently scheduled to take off June 29 at 1pm and arrive into Oslo (OSL) at 7am. Then you’ll have a couple weeks in Norway to explore on your own; the included return flight must “be concluded before July 14.” Note that due to the nature of delivery flights the dates may shift.
There’s 12 spots and each seat starts at just $1,000 — which is a steal for such a unique amazing experience. Currently all 12 seats are still available at $1,000. Perhaps best of all: all proceeds will be donated to UNICEF.
What’s not included:
- Transportation to Seattle (SEA)
- Accommodations in Seattle or Oslo
- Transportation home from the chosen Norwegian US gateway city (JFK, LAX, OAK, BOS, FLL, or MCO).
- Any food along the way.
- “Taxes and fees.” We confirmed none will be charged on the delivery flight or the return flight, so we’re not sure why that’s in the terms and conditions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!