Use Amex Offers to Save at Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hotels.com and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders. If you’ve ever looked through the list of Amex Offers, you know how overwhelming it can be. Digging through all of the discounts and other mediocre deals to find the ones actually worth considering is a daunting task.
So, we try to keep up with these and let you know when there’s a good deal, like 4,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $200+ on JetBlue and 2,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $200 at AT&T Wireless. Today we saw a few tempting Amex Offers hotel available now that we wanted to let you know about:
Hilton Hotels & Resorts+Curio Collection — Spend $300+, get $60 back
- Expires: July 30
- Number of purchases: Unclear. Recommend making one purchase of $300+ to take advantage of this offer.
- Card restrictions: “Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.”
- Geographic limitations: Offer only valid on room rate and room charges at “participating Hilton or Curio properties” in the US & US territories.
- Booking restrictions: Reservations must be made through hilton.com, the Hilton app or calling Hilton.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Excludes gift card purchases. Excludes Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn — Spend $175 or more, get $35 back
- Expires: July 7
- Number of purchases: Unclear. Recommend making one purchase of $175+ to take advantage of this offer.
- Geographical restrictions: Offer only valid at Hampton by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn in the US & US Territories
- Booking restrictions: Reservations must be made through hampton.com, hiltongardeninn.com, the Hilton app or calling Hilton.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Excludes gift card purchases.
Hotels.com Gift Card — Spend $50+, get $10 back
- Expires: June 18
- Number of purchases: Multiple purchases count toward $50 requirement.
- Offer valid only on gift cards purchased through hotels.com/giftcards. Excludes Gift Registry and all other services & purchases. Purchase must be through US site and charged in USD.
HotelStorm.com/Amex — Spend $200+, get $50 back
- Expires: October 12
- Get a $50 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $200 or more on a hotel stay through hotelstorm.com/amex by 10/12/2017
- Transactions must be charged in USD to qualify. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled.
There are also property-specific offers for The Breakers Palm Beach (Spend $500 or more, get $100 back), Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa (Spend $500 or more, get $100 back) and MGM Resorts Intl-Las Vegas (Spend $300 or more, get $60 back) — if you’re interested in visiting these properties.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. For these hotel-related offers, I’m understandably not seeing any of them on my Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express cards. However, general cards like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, and The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express have these offers.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Image courtesy of Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O’Hare Airport.
Are you seeing any other Amex Offers hotel deals?
Welcome to The Points Guy!