This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Trump name isn’t new to the hospitality industry. The Trump Organization is known for luxurious, five-star properties all across the globe. Now, the company is launching a more budget-friendly, three-star hotel brand: American Idea.
The new brand was announced earlier this week, and the properties will be located in smaller towns across America, a change from Trump properties that tend to be located in larger cities. For launch, American Idea will debut three properties in Mississippi — Cleveland, Clarksdale and Greenville.
What’ll set the properties apart from other budget-friendly options across small town America? According to The New York Times, they’ll each feature artifacts of American culture — from an old Coca-Cola machine in the lobby to other relics throughout the rooms.
The new brand will be owned by Chawla Hotels, and it’ll be aimed at business travelers and blues-music tourists. The idea for American Idea came to light when President Trump’s children visited numerous small towns on the campaign trail for their father. They weren’t entirely impressed with the budget-friendly options across the country, so the American Idea spawned from there.
Instead of building new hotels from scratch, the company will retrofit existing properties to fit the new American Idea brand. The new properties could open within seven to eight months.
Featured image courtesy of The Washington Post via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team