This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is offering frequent flyers of other programs the chance to give its elite status a try. If you have top-tier status in a number of airline loyalty programs, you’re eligible to partake in Virgin Atlantic’s latest status match. Virgin Atlantic is matching to either its Gold or Silver status, depending on the elite status you have.
Here’s how the match breaks down. If you have top tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get Gold status with Flying Club, and if you have a second tier status with one of the below airlines, you’ll get matched to Flying Club Silver status. Here’s the chart:
In order to match your status to either Flying Club Gold or Silver status, you’ll need to submit proof that you have status on another airline, a statement showing that you fly enough to maintain the status and already have a flight booked with the carrier (in any cabin for Silver and in premium economy or Upper Class for Gold). If those apply to you, here’s how to register for the status match:
- Be sure you have a Flying Club membership and email Flying.Club.Support.UK@fly.virgin.com
- In the email, include your applicable airline’s frequent flyer program statement, showing the routes you’ve traveled and tier points
- Also include your Flying Club membership number
- Finally, include details of your future Virgin Atlantic booking
Gold status with Virgin Atlantic will get you a 60% mileage bonus, Clubhouse and Revivals lounge access, Upper Class check-in regardless of which cabin you fly, two pieces of hand luggage and two pieces of checked baggage, free seat choice and priority boarding. On the other hand, Silver status will get you the ability to choose your seat up to 14 days before an economy flight, premium check-in, a 30% mileage bonus and priority waitlisting.
If you’re successfully matched, your status will be valid for 12 months from the date your account is upgraded. You’ll need to earn tier points in order to retain your status past the 12 months — 1,000 tier points for Gold or 400 tier points for Silver. One notable exclusion from this Virgin Atlantic status match: Delta. SkyMiles Diamond and Medallion members are not able to match their status to Flying Club. Overall, this is a pretty nice match from Virgin Atlantic, especially if you frequent transatlantic travel.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team