Amex Offer: 20,000 Points for Spending $1,000 With Air Berlin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, The Platinum Card® from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with Air France, 4,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $200 with JetBlue, 2,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $200 with AT&T and more
Today, a valuable new Amex Offer just posted to certain American Express credit card accounts: 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend at least $1,000 with Air Berlin:
Unfortunately, unlike with some other Amex Offers, the terms and conditions require that you spend $1,000 in one transaction, rather than hitting the spend requirement through multiple purchases. If you have this offer on your Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards points for these flights, as the purchase will be made directly with the airline.
How much are 20,000 Membership Reward points worth? TPG values them at 1.9 cents apiece, which means that this offer is worth about $380 — which is 38% back if you spend exactly $1,000. Using our tips, you might be able to get even more value out of these points.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
When we checked around the office, we found this offer on the following cards:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
Not interested in this offer? There are a slew of other travel-related Amex Offers currently available:
- Best Western: Spend $100, get 2,000 Membership Rewards
- Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Cunard or Seabourn: Spend $500, get $100 back
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Spend $300, get $60 back
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- Hilton properties in the UK: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- Omni Hotels & Resorts: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
- HotelStorm.com/Amex: Spend $200 or more, get $50 back
- Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas: Spend $200 or more, get $40 back
- MGM Resorts Intl — Las Vegas: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back
Were you targeted for this offer?
Welcome to The Points Guy!