This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Now departing: Finnair Flight 666. Destination: HEL.” Passengers boarded Flight 666 from Copenhagen (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday — and not just any Friday, but Friday the 13th.
It really doesn’t get more superstitious than this — flight 666. To HEL. Friday the 13th. At the 13th hour. Why anyone actually booked this flight is beyond us.
Not only that, but HEL itself made an effort to outdo Finnair, assigning gate 26 for the flight’s arrival. What makes gate 26 so strange? Think about it: 13 + 13 = 26.
The good news — for those who are superstitious — Flight 666 landed safety in HEL. And for those on board, the experience went off without a hitch. According to Airlineroute, there wasn’t any funny business on board.
Unfortunately (or maybe this is good news?), Finnair announced that this would be its last Friday the 13th Flight 666 trip to HEL. At the end of the month, it’s changing the flight number on this route to AY954. If you’re interested, the last AY666 flight will depart for HEL on October 29 for the last time.
Over the course of 11 years, Finnair flew AY666 to HEL on Friday the 13th a total of 21 times. For those sad to see the route go, Finnair reminded passengers that it does still have a flight from SIN to HEL…
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team