Highlights From TripAdvisor’s 2017 Year-in-Review Data
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TripAdvisor, the travel site “covering the world’s largest selection of travel listings with 7.3 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants,” just released its year-end data report and the people (570 million, according to the company) have spoken. From the Most Booked Hotel to the Portuguese bakery taking the world by storm, here’s what’s been at the top of travelers’ lists for 2017.
TripAdvisor US Hot Spots:
Most booked hotel: Boston Park Plaza – Boston, Massachusetts
Most reviewed hotel: Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, Nevada
Most booked attraction: Alcatraz Island – San Francisco, California
Most reviewed attraction: Central Park – New York City, New York
Most reviewed eatery: Café du Monde – New Orleans, Louisiana
Most reviewed city: New York City
TripAdvisor Global Trends:
- London received just over 1 million reviews — more than any other city in the world.
- The Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana received more reviews than any other hotel in the world.
- Japanese travelers wrote, on average, more reviews than any other nationality.
- Pasteis de Belem, a Portuguese bakery in Lisbon, received over 10,000 reviews from hungry travelers this year — more than any other eatery in the world.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai was the world’s most booked attraction on TripAdvisor.
- However, the most reviewed attraction was the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona — with nearly 30,000 reviews.
- The Boston Park Plaza in Massachusetts received more room bookings on TripAdvisor than any other hotel in the world.
Welcome to The Points Guy!