Emirates Is Hiring Flight Attendants in Dubai
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get ready to send this to your friend who’s always saying “Ugh, I wish I could get paid to travel.”
Emirates is hiring flight attendants, and they’ve even outlined some insights to help you land the job. With more than 15,000 applications received monthly, Emirates jobs take a little bit more than a killer LinkedIn or resume to score the position.
They’re looking for someone who’s personable and positive. I mean, I don’t blame them for not wanting to pay for compassion training. That’s not all, though. The ideal candidate also has these characteristics:
- At least 21 years of age at the time of joining
- Arm reach of 212 cm (almost 7′) while standing on tiptoes
- Minimum height of 160 cm (about 5’2″)
- High school graduate (Grade 12)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- No visible tattoos while you’re in Emirates cabin crew uniform (cosmetic and bandage coverings aren’t allowed)
- Can adapt to new people, new places and new situations
- Physically fit for this demanding role
Now, if you really want to take your application to the next level, you’ll be “culturally aware and reflect who we are – professional, empathetic, progressive, visionary and cosmopolitan.” You’ll also definitely want to take note of some of these guidelines for photos and presentation on “assessment day.”
- Full-length and passport-sized photos in business attire and casual wear
- Full make up for females
- And above all please remember to smile
If you do end up getting the job, you’ll have to sign a three-year non-binding contract that includes a six-month probationary period. You’ll also get 30 days of vacation a year, layover expenses and meal allowances, as well as free dry-cleaning for your company uniforms (that stuff’s expensive!). Not to mention, you’ll be able to travel the world for a living — talk about living the dream.
And the best part? The salary is “tax free.” Now, if you don’t mind me, I have an application to fill out…
Featured photo by KARIM SAHIB/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!