Limited Time: Buy IHG Points With a 100% Bonus for as Little as 0.5 Cents Apiece
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time, IHG is offering a bonus on purchased points. Through March 22, you can purchase IHG points and get a 100% bonus once you buy 5,000 or more points.
With this promotion, you can purchase IHG points for as little as 0.5 cents apiece. Although the promotion page doesn’t explicitly state the cost per point, it’s tiered. Here’s how the pricing breaks down:
- Buy 5,000-10,000 points + 100% bonus points for 0.675 cents apiece
- Buy 11,000-25,000 points + 100% bonus points for 0.575 cents apiece
- Buy 26,000-60,000 points + 100% bonus points for 0.5 cents apiece
How To Buy Points
- Visit IHG’s Buy Points link.
- Enter your name, IHG Rewards Club number, PIN and email address to log in.
- Select the number of points you want to purchase.
- Enter your credit card information and billing address and click Continue.
- Confirm the details, check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Pay Now.
Keep in mind that the usual restrictions for purchasing IHG points apply to purchases, including:
- You can purchase points in increments of 1,000 points up to a maximum of 60,000 points per transaction/calendar year (you can also receive an additional 60,000 gifted points per calendar year).
- Allow 72 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account.
Note that the purchase is processed by Points.com, so you won’t get any travel category bonuses from this purchase. Make sure to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Based on TPG’s point and mile valuations, The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express‘ 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 per year; then 1x thereafter, or the Chase Freedom Unlimited‘s 1.5% cash back would be the most rewarding choice.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, IHG points are worth 0.6 cents apiece. So, you’re getting a pretty good value if you can max out this promotion. The best way to take advantage of this deal is to combine it with the new PointBreaks hotel list. If you are visiting a city home to one of the 100 hotels on the list now through the end of January, buying points at 0.5 cents per point means buying hotel nights at $25 per night. That’s about as close to free as you can get — without it actually being free.
Featured image by InterContinental Athens.
Welcome to The Points Guy!