Virgin Atlantic Blind Date Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read these rules before entering the TPG UK “Virgin Atlantic Blind Date Competition” (the “Competition”). You agree that, by submitting an entry, you will be bound by these rules and you acknowledge that you meet the Competition eligibility requirements.
- Who can enter?
UK residents aged 18 years or over on 13th February 2020, who hold a valid passport (with no travel restrictions), have no unspent criminal convictions, have valid travel insurance for travel to the USA, are available to attend our ‘blind date’ event on 13th February 2020, and (if chosen) are available and able to travel between 14.02.20 and 01.03.20 (winners must already have a valid ESTA).
- Employees of the Promoter, employees of any group company of the Promoter and/or any third party directly associated with the administration of the Competition are not eligible to enter.
- Failure to comply these conditions will disqualify the respective entry from the Competition.
- Receipt of entry will be regarded as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- When can you enter?
- The Entry Period for the Competition will open on 4th February 2020 and close at 11:59pm on 9th February 2020. Entries made after this time will not be valid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate, suspend or extend the Competition at any time without prior notice or liability where the Promoter decides there is good reason for doing so.
- How do you enter?
- No fee is payable to enter the Competition, however you will need an internet connection.
- Entrants must complete the Competition entry questionnaire in full (see “4. Data processing” and Privacy Notice for information on how your data will be used)
- You cannot enter on behalf of anyone else.
- Only one entry per person.
- Data processing
For the purposes of entry into the Competition you must provide Promoter with the following personal data, which will be treated securely and in the utmost confidence:
- Looking for?
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite aircraft
- Hobbies and interests
- What you look for in someone
- Turn offs
- A photograph
- Dogs or cats
- Airline statuses
- Best flight of your life
- Phone number
- Confirmation of valid UK passport (with at least 7 months until expiry) able to travel to USA and get ESTA
- Confirmation of no unspent criminal convictions
Additionally, Promoter will collect the time and date of your entry, your entry into the Competition will be recorded as confirmation of agreement to these Competition Terms and Conditions and confirmation that you meet the Competition eligibility requirements.
Short listed Competition applicants must confirm their full name, age, email address, residential address, passport number/expiry to validate eligibility, enable us to book your travel, and enable us to meet our legal obligations.
For unsuccessful ‘blind date’ applicants, all entry data will be deleted within 24 hours of the matching panel’s decision.
For those people short listed, invited to attend the ‘blind date’ event, but not chosen for travel, all entry data will be deleted within 24 hours of the ‘blind date’ event.
Promoter will retain limited details of the Competition winners for two years after the Competition in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- What is the Prize?
The prize is a 2-night stay in New York. Room only accommodation will be provided. Virgin Atlantic Economy Classic return flights from London Heathrow to New York are included.
This prize does not include travel insurance or personal spending money, tours or transport to/from the airport in the UK. Please see the terms and conditions below for all details including blackout dates. There is no alternative to this Prize in cash or otherwise, and Prize is non-transferable.
Virgin Atlantic – Flight terms and conditions
The flight element is two return economy classic flights from London Heathrow to New York.
- All applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges relating to the flight tickets shall be paid by Virgin Atlantic.
- The winner and travelling companion must abide by and are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from Virgin Atlantic’s offices or via www.virginatlantic.com
- Virgin Atlantic schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cease operating to any route or change the start date of the service
- No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or tier points will be awarded. Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the Ticket.
- Once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled no alternative tickets will be issued.
- The winner and travelling companion will be solely responsible for all other arrangements and costs and expenses including but not limited to transport to and from the departure and arrival airports, accommodation, car parking charges, car hire, lounge access, meals and refreshments (other than those made available inflight on a complimentary basis), excess baggage, visas (including ESTAs), passports, excursions, attractions, travel insurance, medical insurance.
- The Ticket may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
- It is a condition of accepting the ticket that the winner and their travelling companion gives consent to Virgin Atlantic to publish their image, name and county of residence in association with the Ticket in any and all forms or media as required by law or otherwise in connection with the Promotion. Each participant and their travelling companions are expected to participate in reasonable publicity, including event photography and video which will be advertised.
- Each Ticket is non-transferable to anyone else including another family member or any other named person and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted for any other flight. No cash alternative is available. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute each Ticket for an alternative equivalent flight if for any reason beyond the control of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic is unable to fulfil the Ticket.
- Flights are subject to availability.
- The passenger is responsible for ensuring their passport is up to date and for any visa requirements.
- The winner accepts their Ticket at his/her own risk.
- Short listed applicants
- Short listed applicants, who are matched by our panel of judges (including at least one independent member*), will be invited to a ‘blind date’ on 14th February 2020 at a central London location. Location to be provided to short listed applicants.
* Not an employee of the Promoter, employee of any group company of the Promoter and or any third party directly associated with the administration of the Competition.
- How do you know if you have won?
- At the ‘blind date’ event, matched couples will be introduced to each other for a ‘chemistry test’. Having met, each person will secretly disclose to the Promoter whether they want to go away with their date to New York
- Couples that both say they wish to proceed (are happy to travel to New York with each other) will explain to the other attendees why they think they should go, and everyone in the room will vote for who they want to win (you cannot vote for yourself).
- The couple with the most votes wins.
- In case of a tie, new vote held for the two couples with the most votes. If still a tie, TPG UK and Virgin Atlantic has the casting vote.
- What else do you need to know?
- The Promoter’s decisions are final.
- Winners of the Competition must be prepared to document their journey via social media, to be shared with press for PR purposes, and this should be accepted as a condition of entry.
- Winners will be responsible for arranging any necessary VISAs, permits to travel, and Travel Insurance.
- Winners agree to allow The Points Guy UK to confirm their last name and county (or city) of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winners’ last name and county (or city) of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: 2019 TPG UK – Virgin Atlantic Competition, Attn: The Points Guy UK, Red Ventures Services Ltd, The Cooperage, 5 Copper Row, London, United Kingdom, SE1 2LH.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the Prizes impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, Promoter may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to Promoter as a result thereof.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering the Promotion, each participant and travelling companion agrees to release Red Ventures Services Limited and Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Ticket (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- Who is the Promoter (“the Promoter”)?
- Promoter is Red Ventures Services Limited, trading as The Points Guy UK.
- Our company number is 06952311.
Our registered office is The Points Guy UK, Red Ventures Services Limited, The Cooperage, 5 Copper Row, London, United Kingdom, SE1 2LH