This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heading Down Under can be a long journey. And because of that, you’ll want to be sure to give yourself plenty of time to explore while you’re there. With these low fares from Air China, you can spend several weeks in Australia — all starting from £426 return.
The fares are with Air China, which isn’t the most well known economy product. Like all flights originating in the UK heading to Australia — with the exception of Qantas’ nonstop from London (LHR) to Perth (PER) — you’ll be required to make a stop along the way. With these fares, that stop is in Beijing (PEK) or Chengdu (CTU).
To book, head to SkyScanner to search for the cheapest fares from London to Sydney or Melbourne. Once you’ve found dates, TPG UK recommends booking directly with the airline, so head to Air China and plug those dates into the carrier’s own search engine.
Airline: Air China
Routes: LHR to MEL/SYD
Cost: £426+ return
Travel Dates: February – July 2020
Here are some examples of what you can book:
London (LHR) to Melbourne (MEL) for £426 return:
London (LHR) to Sydney (SYD) for £432 return:
London (LHR) to Sydney (SYD) for £434 return:
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured photo by Cainan Yeo/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team