This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Your next adventure to a far-flung, tropical destination could be to Madagascar from as little as £452 return. As there are no direct flights from the UK, this Air France option via Paris (CDG) is about as good as you’re going to get.
Madagascar is the second-largest island nation in the world and boasts multiple beautiful national parks and reserves. The lemur is native to this stunning tropical island and was the inspiration behind the trilogy of fims aptly named “Madagascar”.
If beaches are more your thing, Nosy Be at the far north of the island is a tropical island paradise. It’s an absolute must-visit tiny island with soft white sand, turquoise water and amazing seafood
To book, head to Google Flights and enter either Birmingham (BHX), Edinburgh (EDI), London (LHR), Manchester (MAN) or Newcastle (NCL) and the destination airport as Antananarivo (TNR). Set the airline to Air France then toggle through the calendar to pick the dates best suited to you — the cheapest fares are always highlighted in green.
Airline: Air France
Routes: BHX/EDI/LHR/MAN/NCL to TNR
Cost: £452+ return
Travel Dates: January – March 2020
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Manchester (MAN) to Antananarivo (TNR) for £452 return:
London (LHR) to Antananarivo (TNR) for £457 return:
Newcastle (NCL) to Antananarivo (TNR) for £481 return:
Edinburgh (EDI) to Antananarivo (TNR) for £481 return:
H/T: Secret Flying
Feature Image by Dennisvdw/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team