New routes added: How to fly the British Airways Club Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest A350 and 787 information. It was originally published on 23 November 2019.
With the initial excitement of the launch of the British Airways business class Club Suite in August 2019 over, we now look forward to the rollout of the product across the fleet. Due to the far superior offering over the previous generation Club World, you’re going to want to fly it where possible — and we will keep you informed with the latest information right here.
Club suite roll out
As part of the its Capital Markets Day presentation, BA parent company International Airlines Group (IAG) announced that by 2025, the full Club Suite rollout will be complete, and all Heathrow-based British Airways aircraft will be flying with the new business-class product. While 2025 sounds like a while away, by just 2022, there will be 79% Club Suite coverage, which is an impressive jump from the current 5% status.
Where does the Club Suite fly now?
The Club Suite currently is featured on all British Airways A350-1000 aircraft and select retrofitted Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on the following routes:
- BA107 London Heathrow (LHR) 12:35 p.m. Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 23:45 p.m. Arrival
- BA106 Dubai (DXB) 2:25 a.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:25 a.m. Arrival
- BA93 London Heathrow (LHR) 11:40 a.m. Departure ⇒ Toronto (YYZ) 14:45 p.m. Arrival
- BA92 Toronto (YYZ) 18:20 p.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:25 a.m. (+1) Arrival
Tel Aviv (TLV; from 1 December 2019)
- BA163 London Heathrow (LHR) 9:10pm Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 03:55am (+1) Arrival
- BA162 Tel Aviv (TLV) 6:20am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 9:45am Arrival
New York–Kennedy (JFK)
- BA173 London Heathrow (LHR) 11:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
- BA112 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
Where will the Club Suite fly next?
We aim to keep this list as current as possible as new information comes to light. The following routes will receive the Club Suite on daily flights from the dates as stated:
Bangalore (BLR; all flights from 1 January 2020)
- BA119 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:45pm Departure ⇒ Bangalore (BLR) 5:00am (+1) Arrival
- BA118 Bangalore (BLR) 7:05am Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 12:45pm Arrival
Austin (AUS; all flights from 29 March 2020)
- BA191 London Heathrow (LHR) 11:55am Departure ⇒ Austin (AUS) 4:15am Arrival
- BA192 Austin (AUS) 6:30pm Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 9:50am (+1) Arrival
Boston (BOS; one of four daily flights from 1 August 2020)
- BA203 London Heathrow (LHR) 7:15pm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 7:50pm Arrival
- BA202 Boston (BOS) 9:40pm Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 9:15am (+1) Arrival
Atlanta (ATL; all flights from 29 March 2020)
- BA227 London Heathrow (LHR) 4:00pm Departure ⇒ Atlanta (ATL) 8:15pm Arrival
- BA226 Atlanta (ATL) 10:20pm Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 11:30am (+1) Arrival
Dallas (DFW; all flights from from 1 May 2020, some dates operated by 787-9 without Club Suite)
- BA193 London Heathrow (LHR) 3:35pm Departure ⇒ Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) 7:40pm Arrival
- BA192 Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) 9:55pm Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 1:00pm (+1) Arrival
Nashville (BNA; all flights from 3 September 2020)
- BA223 London Heathrow (LHR) 14:45pm Departure ⇒ Nashville (BNA) 7:45pm Arrival
- BA222 Nashville (BNA) 8:20pm Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 10:25am (+1) Arrival
As the retrofitted 777s and new 787-10s come into service, they will service a number of routes on certain, select rotations. As far as we are aware, the following routes will benefit from Club Suite on select flights:
2 January — Seattle (SEA)
14 January — Nairobi (NBO)
28 January — Chicago (ORD)
30 January — Abuja (ABV)
1 February — Kuwait City (KWI)
20 February — Jeddah (JED)
11 March — Philadelphia (PHL)
The following routes are initially scheduled to be operated one time only (two times in the case of Dammam) by the aircraft:
8 & 10 January — Dammam, Bahrain (BAH)
21 January — Newark, New York (EWR)
As well as these occasional services, the following routes will receive the Club Suites daily.
Note that all of these routes and dates are subject to change without notice.
How to book the Club Suite
Business-class tickets out of London are notoriously expensive, but Tel Aviv does look reasonable on many dates next year from £1,137 return.
However, by departing from a different European city, and connecting through London to pick up your Club Suite flight, you may find dramatically cheaper tickets. For example, return flights to Toronto from London in Club Suite costs £3,036. But pick Amsterdam as your departure airport on the same dates, and the overall cost drops to £1,345.
Points and miles
Using Avios is the easiest route for most Brits to book seats on aircraft with Club Suite. Here is a round-up of one way Avios costs (peak/off-peak).
Tel Aviv (TLV):
- World Traveller — 10,000 / 12,500 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 20,000 / 25,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 31,250 / 37,500 Avios
Bangalore (BLR) / Atlanta (ATL) / Nashville (BNA) / Dallas (DFW) / Austin (AUS):
- World Traveller — 16,250 / 25,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 32,500 / 50,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 62,500 / 75,000 Avios
New York (JFK) / Toronto (YYZ) / Boston (BOS)
- World Traveller — 13,000 / 20,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 26,000 / 40,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 50,000 / 60,000 Avios
- First (JFK only) — 68,000 / 80,000
Upgrade Using Avios
If you don’t have a huge stash of Avios, there are other efficient options available to you. I recently booked a trip to Dubai with a friend for next March. Cheap World Traveller Plus tickets were available for £700 return. It’s handy to remember that whilst only fully flexible and therefore very expensive economy BA tickets are upgradeable, almost all World Traveller Plus (premium economy) tickets are upgradeable with Avios.
During the booking process I used the “Upgrade Using Avios” option and spent 26,000 Avios to upgrade to Club World, ensuring the flight I booked was on an A350 aircraft, thus securing a Club Suite.
The ways to fly the new BA Club World product, Club Suite, increase month by month. Keep checking back here to stay abreast of the latest but if you simply can’t wait, there are already plenty of cash and points-efficient ways to get yourself in a Club Suite.
Additional Reporting by Ben Smithson