This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been collecting points in major hotel programmes like Hilton Honors, World of Hyatt and Marriott Bonvoy but don’t fancy jumping on a plane for your next weekend break, there are some great redemption opportunities right here in the UK at some truly aspirational properties.
You can get some excellent value from your hotel points at these excellent properties.
Marriott Bonvoy points
- The London EDITION — This is the go-to hotel choice for TPG himself, Brian Kelly during his frequent visits to London. While standard rates can exceed £600 per night for this true five-star hotel, you can redeem either 50,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 70,000 points per night for a peak rate. Given TPG UK values Bonvoy points at 0.7p each this can be a great use of points.
- London Marriott Park Lane Hotel — This hotel has slightly lower cash rates at around £500 per night on weekends but is rated extremely well by guests. It’s also a Category 7 Bonvoy property, so you’ll need either 50,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 70,000 points per night for a peak rate.
- Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, Edinburgh — If you’ve been thinking of a weekend in Scotland, this luxury hotel and spa in Edinburgh sees room rates reaching up to £600 per night. As it is a Category 6 property in the Bonvoy programme, you will need 40,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 60,000 points per night for a peak rate.
World of Hyatt points
If you’re looking for a truly unique staycation, consider one of World of Hyatt’s ‘Small Properties of the World’.
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa — Located in West Sussex, this property features Grecian-inspired interiors and water-based therapies for guests. While cash rates can hit £600 per night, you can also redeem just 25,000 World of Hyatt points for a free night. Given TPG UK values these points at 1.5p each, that is a great use.
- Dukes London — If you’re looking for something in the capital that is a little smaller and a little more personal than your average chain hotel, consider this elegant luxury boutique hotel close to Buckingham Palace. Cash rates can be well over £400 per night, but you can use 25,000 Hyatt points instead.
- Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf and Spa — There’s a lot more to Luton than just its low-cost airport. If you’re a golf fan or a spa fan or both, this can be booked for just 15,000 World of Hyatt points per night, which is a great use given cash rates can exceed £300 per night.
Hilton Honors points
- The Biltmore Mayfair, LXR Hotels & Resorts — This brand new, five-star hotel in the upmarket Mayfair area of London has only just opened this month. Cash rates can be more than £500 per night, or you can redeem 95,000 Hilton Honors points. As TPG UK values these points at 0.4p each, this is an excellent way to get outsized value from your points.
- Hilton London Bankside — If you want to be walking distance from some of London’s top tourist attractions this luxury property is very well located. You can book it for 70,000 Hilton Honors points per night, which is a great use of points considering cash rates regularly exceed £400 per night.
- Conrad, London St James — If you’re looking for a true five-star international hotel right in the heart of London, consider the Conrad — one of Hilton’s most luxurious brands. With room rates regularly exceeding £350, this can be a smart use of 80,000 Hilton points.
Featured image by The London EDITION.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team