What are the finest hotels in the UK to book with points?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been collecting points in major hotel programmes like Hilton Honors, World of Hyatt and Marriott Bonvoy but don’t fancy jumping on a plane for your next weekend break, there are some great redemption opportunities right here in the U.K. at some truly aspirational properties.
You can get some excellent value from your hotel points at these excellent properties.
- The London EDITION — This is the go-to hotel choice for TPG Brian Kelly during his frequent visits to London. While standard rates can exceed £600 per night for this true five-star hotel, you can redeem either 50,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 70,000 points per night for a peak rate. Given TPG U.K. values Bonvoy points at 0.7p each, this can be a great use of points. Note this property will reopen on 1 September following a temporary COVID-19 shutdown.
- Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel — This hotel has slightly lower cash rates at around £500 per night on weekends but is rated extremely well by guests. It’s also a Category 7 Bonvoy property, so you’ll need either 50,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 70,000 points per night for a peak rate.
- Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, Edinburgh — If you’ve been thinking of a weekend in Scotland, this luxury hotel and spa in Edinburgh sees room rates reaching up to £600 per night. As it is a Category 6 property in the Bonvoy programme, you will need 40,000 Bonvoy points per night off-peak or 60,000 points per night for a peak rate.
If you’re looking for a truly unique staycation, consider one of World of Hyatt’s “Small Properties of the World”.
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa — Located in West Sussex, this property features Grecian-inspired interiors and water-based therapies for guests. While cash rates can often hit £600 per night, you can also redeem just 25,000 World of Hyatt points for a free night. Given TPG U.K. values these points at 1.5p each, that is a great use. Note this property will reopen on 3 September following a temporary COVID-19 shutdown.
- Dukes London — If you’re looking for something in the capital that is a little smaller and a little more personal than your average chain hotel, consider this elegant luxury boutique hotel close to Buckingham Palace. Cash rates can be well over £400 per night, but you can use 25,000 Hyatt points instead. Note this property will reopen on September 7 following a temporary COVID-19 shutdown.
- Great Fosters — While nearby Windsor Castle may be slightly more spectacular than this historic manor, you can still expect to be wowed by Great Fosters. Set amongst 50 acres of carefully manicured grounds, with an on-site Michelin-starred restaurant, this incredible property can be yours for 20,000 Hyatt points per night, which is a smart use of points to save the usual cash rates of £300 upwards.
- Hilton London Bankside — If you want to be walking distance from some of London’s top tourist attractions, this luxury property is very well located. You can book it for between 46,000 to 70,000 Hilton Honors points per night, which is a great use of points considering cash rates regularly exceed £400 per night.
- Conrad, London St James — If you’re looking for a five-star international hotel right in the heart of London, consider the Conrad — one of Hilton’s most luxurious brands. With room rates regularly exceeding £350, this can be a smart use of 72,000 to 80,000 Hilton points.
There are some truly fabulous hotels around the U.K. that you can get a great deal by using your hotel points. You can expect the full five-star treatment here. Do check the cash prices of these properties as well when searching because you might be surprised, this summer at least, how affordable hotels can be.
Featured photo courtesy of The London EDITION
Welcome to The Points Guy!