13 Things You Should Spend $1,290 on Instead of Balenciaga’s New Shirt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you happened to be scrolling through the Internet yesterday, you probably noticed this weird shirt attached to a shirt that was popping up everywhere. You also may or may not have realized that said shirt will cost you a cool $1,290. We’re as confused as you are, but hey, Balenciaga can do whatever it wants.
That said, we can think of a few other ideas you should spend $1,300 on.
- A round-trip ticket from New York to San Francisco in JetBlue Mint ($1,197).
- A one-way ticket from Seoul to JFK in first class on Asiana ($1,300 in the form of 90,000 LifeMiles and $63 in taxes and fees).
- A round-trip ticket from New York to Los Angeles in United Polaris ($1,116).
- A night at the Retreat at the Blue Lagoon ($1,367).
- A round-trip ticket from New York to Miami in first class on American ($419) + 1 night at the W South Beach ($510) — with everything left over going to dinner at Joe’s Stone Crab.
- A one-way ticket on the weirdest (and possibly worst) business class in the world — Cubana on the Ilyushin 96 ($1,165).
- Two nights at the Beverly Hills Hotel ($745 per night).
- Two nights at the Ritz-Carlton Bali ($500+ per night).
- Two round-trip economy tickets to Athens on Emirates ($679 each).
- Three years of annual fees for the Chase Sapphire Reserve ($450 a year) or two years of annual fees for The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 a year) (See Rates & Fees)
- Rimowa’s Topas Aluminum 29” suitcase ($1,245).
- BLADE Bounce airport transfer ($1,325).
Then again, you could just get the shirt and justify it by putting the spend toward a new sign-up bonus, right?
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
Featured photo courtesy Balenciaga
Welcome to The Points Guy!