Earn 5 extra Membership Rewards points per £1 with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts and The Hotel Collection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A little-known perk of your Membership Rewards-earning American Express cards just became even better, as first reported by Head for Points.
If you book and pre-pay any stay through the Fine Hotels and Resorts or through The Hotel Collection programme via the Amex Travel Portal between 1 June and 30 June 2021 for stays until 31 December 2021, Platinum Card from American Express and Business Platinum Card from American Express cardholders, as well as Preferred Rewards Gold cardholders will earn an extra 5 Membership Rewards points for every £1 spent on their accommodation.
This is on top of the regular Membership Rewards earn rate for booking through these programmes, which is as follows:
- 2 Membership Rewards points when paying with The Preferred Rewards Gold Card (so 7 points per £1 with the new bonus); and
- 1 Membership Rewards point when paying with The Platinum Card or The Business Platinum Card (so 6 points per £1 spent with the new bonus).
If you’re unfamiliar with Fine Hotels and Resorts and The Hotel Collection, here’s a reminder of why they’re already a great deal.
Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts
The FHR programme allows Amex Platinum and Business Platinum cardholders to book a stay at more than 1,100 luxury hotels worldwide at a rate very close to the best flexible rate. And instead of just a typical stay, FHR bookings also come with a host of extra benefits for free:
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available;
- Daily breakfast for two people;
- Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout;
- Noon check-in, when available;
- Complimentary Wi-Fi; and
- Unique property amenity, such as a spa or food and beverage credit.
The Hotel Collection
Available to cardholders of The Platinum Card, The Business Platinum Card and The Preferred Rewards Gold Card from American Express U.K., The Hotel Collection offers the following benefits at more than 600 hotels when staying for two nights or more:
- A one-category room upgrade upon arrival, when available;
- A $100 hotel credit to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activity; and
- From time to time, some properties may offer a third night free.
While it seems like The Hotel Collection offers fewer benefits than Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts, note that The Hotel Collection tends to include more affordable properties. FHR tends to only be high-priced, truly luxury properties.
Don’t expect to see a Holiday Inn included in the FHR search results.
If you are considering a luxury hotel break this year, whether it’s a staycation or a long overdue trip abroad, consider booking through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts and The Hotel Collection.
As well as a host of great perks during your stay you’ll also earn bonus Membership Rewards points just for booking — just make sure you book and prepay in full before 30 June to take advantage of this great offer.
Featured image by Emily McNutt / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!