This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fans of pricy, buttery-soft yoga pants, rejoice! Lululemon purchases made through the American Airlines shopping portal will earn 6 miles per dollar through Nov. 30. The trendy athleisure line offers a number of travel-friendly pieces, including the ABC pants for men, which look like slacks but wear like sweatpants. There’s also the Speed Up tights for women, which feature flat pockets on the thigh perfect for keeping your phone and passport nearby.
Shopping portals are a valuable way to gain extra points and miles on dollars you were already planning to spend. You can earn additional miles with the airline of your choice, credit card points through issuers such as Chase, Barclaycard and American Express, or earn straight cash back from sites such as Ebates and Top Cashback.
Six miles per dollar is one of the more generous rewards offers for Lululemon, which entered the shopping portal world very late in the game. But American Airlines isn’t the only airline offering bonus miles for stretchy pants shoppers. United, Delta, Southwest and Alaska are all offering at least 2 miles per dollar, while Chase and Barclaycard card holders can earn 4 points per dollar. And don’t forget that purchases may count toward increased holiday bonuses worth up to nearly 14,000 points or miles. As always, we highly recommend utilizing a shopping portal aggregator such as CashBackMonitor.com to compare the full list of participating portals for any retailer. And to maximize your earnings, make sure you use the best credit card for each purchase, which will vary depending on both the card as well as the retailer. For instance, you will earn an extra mile per dollar by paying for a Lululemon purchase using a United Airlines cobranded credit card through United’s MileagePlus portal.
Featured photo by @crystalmariesing via Twenty20.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team