Great deal: Earn 60,000 Avios with the British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This article has been sponsored by American Express
The British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card has had an exciting update and it’s great news for small business owners.
This card has traditionally earned On Business Points, which are the business travel currency of British Airways. The welcome bonus for new and approved Cardmembers now changes from On Business Points to Avios. For a limited time only, you can earn 60,000 Avios after spending £5,000 on the card in the first three months of cardmembership.
Related: The best uses of Avios
You will still earn 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent on the card. Cardmembers will also earn an additional 10,000 Avios for every £20,000 spent on the card, up to three times each calendar year.
This means new cardmembers who spend £60,000 in their first calendar year could earn 120,000 Avios, a combination of 30,000 Avios for reaching £20,000 spend three times over, and 90,000 Avios for the 1.5 per £1 earn rate.
Based on TPG’s own current valuation of Avios, that total Avios amount would be worth £1,300.
This is in addition to the generous welcome bonus of 60,000 Avios which is available to new applicants for a limited time only.
Representative Example: Representative APR is 96.7% variable with an assumed credit limit of £1,200 and a purchase rate of 22.2% p.a. variable.
The annual fee has increased from £210 to £250 though note the increase in welcome bonus more than covers the annual fee in the first year.
There’s also plenty of travel and purchase benefits that remain unchanged following the refresh:
- Travel Accident Protection: There is a £250,000 travel accident benefit when travelling on public transport on a business trip.
- Travel Inconvenience: This covers flight cancellations, delays and delayed luggage when you pay with your card, with higher limits if flying with British Airways, namely:
- £200 for a flight delay, overbooking or missed connection (£250 if a British Airways flight)
- Up to an additional £400 (overbookings only) if alternative arrangements are not made within six hours
- £750 for baggage delayed by an airline for six hours or more (£1,000 if a British Airways flight)
- Up to an additional £1,000 for extended baggage delay by an airline (£1,250 if a British Airways flight).
- Purchase Protection: If you buy an item on this card and it’s stolen or damaged within 90 days, there’s replacement, repair or refund cover up to £2,500 per eligible item.
- Refund Protection: You will be insured to replace or refund up to a maximum of £300 if a retailer won’t refund an eligible item within 90 days.
For a limited time only you can earn 60,000 Avios as a welcome bonus with the British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card. You can apply for this card here.
Featured imaged courtesy of American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!