This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iceland is one of the most magical countries on earth. In summer the sun sets while in winter you can experience an incredible natural phenomenon – the Northern Lights. You’re not guaranteed to catch the lights every single night, but if you can be there for several nights in a row you will increase your chances.
While Iceland is certainly not a cheap destination right there are incredibly cheap ways to get there. Wizz Air, who are very established in Eastern Europe have been building up their new London base at Luton Airport (LTN) with some exciting destinations beyond Eastern Europe, including Reykjavik (KEF) Airport in Iceland.
These are the cheapest flights we’ve ever seen between the UK and Iceland.
Now Wizz Air is a true ultra low-cost carrier, meaning you will have to pay extra to take a full size hand luggage on board, as well as normal low-cost carrier charges like checked luggage, food and drinks and seat selection.
The best way to find fares and dates that work for you is by using the Wizz website. It has an easy-to-use calendar function to help you find the deal. It’s available with departure dates in November and December, so the best option is to look through until you find a date and a price that works best for you.
There are many other dates available for slightly higher prices with almost everyday in November, December and January available for under £100 return with some options on EasyJet.
Airline: Wizz Air
Routes: LTN to KEF
Cost: £34+ return
Travel Dates: November – January
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
London Luton (LTN) to Reykjavik (KEF) for £34 return:
London Luton (LTN) to Reykjavik (KEF) for £43 return:
London Luton (LTN) to Reykjavik (KEF) for £48 return:
H/T: Holiday Pirates
Featured photo by Friðþjófur M. / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team