This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve extensively covered the launch of the British Airways A350, and its hugely improved business-class product, the Club Suite. And for those looking to try it closer to home rather than on a long-haul flight, there are additional opportunities.
For AvGeeks and luxury lovers alike, British Airways has ramped up rotations of the A350 on the London Heathrow (LHR) to Madrid-Barajas (MAD) training route between 1 and 7 October 2019.
After checking for award tickets, there is wide open availability in both economy and, more excitingly, in Club Suite.
Between 1 and 7 October, the following flights are scheduled to be operated by the A350:
- BA456 London Heathrow (LHR) 6:20am Departure → Madrid-Barajas (MAD) 9:20am Arrival
- BA457 Madrid-Barajas (MAD) 10:55am Departure → London Heathrow (LHR) 12:15pm Arrival
- BA464 London Heathrow (LHR) 4:45pm Departure → Madrid-Barajas (MAD) 8:05pm Arrival
- BA465 Madrid-Barajas (MAD) 21:20pm Departure → London Heathrow (LHR) 22:25pm Arrival
With the new variable Avios pricing options, you can elect to pay the following for a one-way Club Suite ticket:
- 17,750 Avios + £0.50 tax
- 14,750 Avios + £12.50 tax
- 12,750 Avios + £25.50 tax
- 9,350 Avios + £55.50 tax
- 8,500 Avios + £60.50 tax
- 6,800 Avios + £70.50 tax
For extracting maximum value from your Avios, we recommend the 12,750 Avios + £25.50 tax option, however, if you are Avios rich or poor, you may wish to move up or down the scale to suit your circumstances.
If you have yet to try the new Club Suite, this is a great opportunity to give it a go for a modest amount of Avios, without the necessity of long-haul travel and perhaps even enjoy a cheeky evening in Madrid.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team