New Hyatt fall promotion: Earn up to 3x points (15 points per dollar)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have Hyatt stays planned this fall, be sure to register for Hyatt’s new “Bonus Journeys” promotion. Depending on your Hyatt hotel brand of choice, you can up to 3x Hyatt points for your stay — and more than 1,000 hotels and resorts are included, including participating M life Rewards and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
- Register between 9 September and 31 October 2019.
- Stay between 15 September and 15 December 15 2019.
- You’ll earn 3x Hyatt points on eligible spending at Hyatt Place hotels.
- You’ll earn 2x Hyatt points on eligible spending at 500+ Hyatt hotels and resorts, participating M life Rewards hotels, and participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels.
- You can earn a maximum 200,000 bonus points total during the promotion period (100,000 bonus points for the Hyatt Place hotels bonus and 100,000 bonus points for the non-Hyatt Place hotels bonus)
One catch of this promotion is that it triggers after your second qualifying stay (your first qualifying stay can be with any participating Hyatt brand).
World of Hyatt members usually earn 5 base points per dollar, so this promotion gives you the opportunity to earn up to 15 points per dollar. TPG UK values Hyatt points at 1.5p each, so that’s like getting a return of 22.5 cents per dollar.
However, it’s easy to get even more value. Remember that Hyatt award nights start at just 5,000 points. Spending just $334 will net you a free night at a Hyatt Category 1 hotel ($334 X 15).
Considering that most Hyatt hotels cost more than $100 a night, you’re almost guaranteed to get a value of 2+ cents per point with a Category 1 hotel.
Check to see if you’re targeted to earn double points on upcoming Hyatt stays
If you have a Hyatt stay coming up, you may be eligible to take home a haul of bonus points on your next trip. Hyatt is currently running a promotion that offers targeted members the opportunity to earn double points on all stays through the end of October 2019. If targeted, you’ll earn 2x points on hotel stays, incidental charges and experiences like FIND and Exhale.
- Register now through 30 September 2019.
- Complete your stay or experience between 15 August 2019 and 31 October, 2019.
- You will receive double points for each dollar spent on eligible room rates, eligible incidental charges, eligible non-stay charges and on eligible Exhale charges.
General members normally earn 5 base points per dollar spent. So, with this bonus, you’ll be earning at least 10 points per dollar. If you’re a World of Hyatt elite member, you’ll receive an additional bonus on your spend — 10%, 20% and 30% for Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist, respectively.
In addition to this double points promotion, Hyatt is currently offering members the opportunity to earn 500 bonus points per qualifying stay booked through the World of Hyatt mobile app. This should also stack with Hyatt’s other promotion that is offering members double elite status credit for stays at any of Hyatt’s all-inclusive resorts under the Ziva and Zilara brands.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski
Featured photo courtesy of Hyatt