This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest is offering Rapid Rewards members the opportunity to earn double points on all flights for a limited-time only. In order to earn the double Rapid Rewards points, you must book and fly between April 6 and June 13, 2018, and registration is required.
While this is a Rapid Rewards promotion that requires registration, it doesn’t appear to be targeted. To register, go to Southwest.com and log in to your Rapid Rewards account. Then, click on the My Account icon and through to the Promotions tab. There, you should see the offer. Click Register, and you’re all set to earn 2x Rapid Rewards on flights during the promotional period.
With this promotion, you’ll earn 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select fares (normally 12), 20 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares (normally 10) and 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away fares (normally six).
Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the double points can only be earned from new flights — only those booked after registering for the promotion. In addition, the travel must be completed by June 13, 2018, in order to earn the 2x points. Also, bonus points earned as part of this promotion don’t count toward A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification, and charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages and reward travel don’t qualify for the double points.
This is a nice promotion from Southwest, although disappointing that only new reservations qualify for the extra points. This promotion does not seem to be targeted. However, if it doesn’t appear in your Rapid Rewards account, leave a comment below.
H/T: View From the Wing
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team