Flybe adds London City to Luxembourg route for summer season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Regional carrier Flybe is expanding its presence at London City. The airline is set to launch a new summer route from London City Airport (LCY) to Luxembourg (LUX).
As reported by Routesonline, the route, which will be operated by the airline’s Dash 8 aircraft, will start on 29 March and continue for the summer 2020 season. Tickets are available to purchase now on Flybe’s website.
Related reading: A review of Flybe’s Dash 8 from London to Aberdeen
There will be up to three flights daily, with the following schedule:
- BE1201 London (LCY) 8:15 a.m. Departure ⇒ Luxembourg (LUX) 10:25 a.m. Arrival
- BE1205 London (LCY) 4:25 p.m. Departure ⇒ Luxembourg (LUX) 6:35 p.m. Arrival
- BE1209 London (LCY) 8:05 p.m. Departure ⇒ Luxembourg (LUX) 10:15 p.m. Arrival
- BE1200 Luxembourg (LUX) 7:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LCY) 7:30 a.m. Arrival
- BE1204 Luxembourg (LUX) 3:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LCY) 3:55 p.m. Arrival
- BE1208 Luxembourg (LUX) 7:20 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LCY) 7:35 p.m. Arrival
Monday to Friday there will be three return flights at the same time every day. On Saturdays, only the morning services (BE1201 and BE1200) will operate, and on Sundays, only the latest services of the day in each direction will operate (BE1209 and (BE1208).
The new route is in direct competition with Luxair, Luxembourg’s flag carrier, which has up to seven return daily flights from London City on weekdays during the summer season.
The addition of the route comes not long after it was announced that the U.K. government would help to save Flybe from bankruptcy.
Featured image by Matthew Horwood/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!