This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in case you forget the stuffing on Thanksgiving Day (…how?!), Amazon has you covered with same-day Whole Foods delivery.
The company recently announced that it will be offering day-of deliveries to Amazon Prime Now shoppers during the holiday, and some may arrive at your doorstep in as little as an hour. This is great news if you’re looking to avoid the chaos and crowds or if you forget something as crucial as the stuffing or sweet potatoes (the horror!).
Better yet, “for customers in select cities, you can even get beer, wine or liquor delivered right to your door for when you need a little something extra to get you through those family get-togethers!” Message received, Amazon. Just be sure to order your food and drinks by 2pm, and you’ll be good to go.
Don’t forget to use a card that earns you bonus points at US supermarkets, such as the American Express® Gold Card (4x on the first $25,000 spent each year; then 1x), Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card from American Express (3x on the first $6,000 per year plus a 50% bonus after 30 transactions in a billing period) and the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card (5% cash back at Whole Foods).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team