This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to earn or use Hilton, Wyndham or IHG hotel points while still enjoying many perks of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, staying at one of the seven hotels within Disney Springs may be the perfect way to enjoy some Disney Resort benefits on a budget.
Disney Springs, formerly known as Downtown Disney, is an entertainment and shopping district located on the eastern edge of the Walt Disney World Resort. The seven Disney Springs hotels are located on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, adjacent to Disney Springs, but are not owned by Disney. These properties have always been a solid choice for a Disney stay from a location perspective, but in 2018 they became an even better overall deal as Disney Springs hotels began to temporarily offer some popular Disney Resort benefits while many of Disney’s moderate resorts were undergoing renovations.
These Disney benefits include Extra Magic Hours and the ability to obtain Fastpass+ reservations within a 60-day window instead of the normal 30-day window for those not staying at a Disney Resort. The 60-day FastPass+ window is often the difference maker in getting advance FastPass reservations for popular rides like Flight of Passage, Mine Train and Slinky Dog Dash and not getting those advance FastPasses for your family.
The great news for those looking to stretch their dollars or points by staying at one of the Disney Springs properties is that the Disney Resort perks of 60-day FastPass+ and access to Extra Magic Hours have been officially extended for Disney Springs properties through 2019!
Until (at least) December 31, 2019, you can continue to enjoy those Disney Resort perks at these Disney Springs Hotels:
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando-Disney Springs Area
- Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Disney Springs Area
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace-Disney Springs Area
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham LBV
- Wyndham Garden LBV
- B Resort
There’s no one right way to plan a Walt World Disney vacation, but if staying at Disney Springs is the right plan for your family, then this is fantastic news.
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team