This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all AvGeeks: Lufthansa is giving you a chance to “Fly Through Time” and experience the Golden Age of Travel in NYC this weekend.
On Sunday, Oct. 14, Lufthansa is debuting an interactive augmented reality pop-up to celebrate the 60th anniversary of its Senator Service on board the Super Constellation aircraft known as the “Super Connie.” The Super Connie was the first-ever luxury transatlantic flight.
The “Fly Through Time” AR installation will take you back to the 1950s and allow you to virtually dress in vintage Lufthansa uniform and passenger styles. Visitors will also get to experience an interactive model of the 1958 Lufthansa Super Constellation First Class onboard lounge and a vintage-inspired Lufthansa terminal to view the Super Constellation aircraft.
The one-day event is free and open to the public:
When: Sunday, Oct. 14 11am – 5pm
Where: NYC at Duarte Square (6th Ave and Grand St in SoHo)
All images courtesy of Lufthansa.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team