This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gulf Air took delivery of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner this week. It will be the Bahraini airline’s first 787 and will supplement its widebody fleet of Airbus A330s. The carrier also introduced a new livery this week.
Pictures of the aircraft’s interior were shared on the Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive. It shows that Gulf Air is installing Apex Suites in its business class that’s laid out in a staggered 2-2-2 configuration.
The aircraft will have 26 lie-flat seats, which are on the more luxurious side for a business class seat.
Japan Airlines, Korean Air and Oman Air offer the same seats on some of their aircraft.
Gulf Air’s 256 economy seats will be laid out in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The aircraft will debut on the London (LHR) to Bahrain (BAH) route on June 15. Gulf Air has 20 more 787s on order and will be taking delivery of four in 2018.
You can book Gulf Air seats with American miles, so it’s possible you can try this new product on the cheap. Business class goes for 42,500 miles on the London – Bahrain route and 20,000 in economy. You’ll have to reserve a seat by April 30, as the two airlines’ partnership ends on then.
Featured image courtesy of Bahrain News Agency’s photo archive.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team