This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt has launched a great promotion where you can get up to 25% off award nights or Points + Cash bookings at some of its top properties around the world.
There are two versions of the promotion, and we’ll first go through the details of the deal that offers discounts on normal award stays.
If you redeem points for any of the 14 included properties, you can earn up to 25% of your points back for stays made through Nov. 30.
This includes top-tier redemptions like the Park Hyatt Milan that normally goes for 30,000 points a night, where you’ll earn 5,000 of your points back after your stay is completed. Also included is the Andaz Mayakoba and Park Hyatt Mallorca, both resorts that have received high marks from TPG reviewers.
Hyatt points are TPG UK’s most valuable hotel loyalty currency and we value 5,000 points at £75. So this is a solid discount, especially considering that they’re available at some of its flagship hotels.
Here’s a list of all the properties where you can receive points back, and how many points you’ll receive for each night you stay.
Note that you’ll need to have the full amount of points in your account when booking, and you’ll receive the bonus points back into your account 6 to 8 weeks after you’ve completed your stay.
The second part of the promotion Hyatt is running offers a 25% discount on Points + Cash bookings for the stays made before 31 October. Discounts are available at top-tier and incredibly popular resorts, including the Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo, Park Hyatt St. Kitts and even the Park Hyatt Maldives. Unfortunately, the discount only applies to the cash part of the booking, so you wont be saving any extra points on these stays.
Here’s what you can expect to pay at each resort with the discount (discounts will automatically be incorporated during booking):
|Property||Discounted Cash + Points Rate|
|Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino||12,500 points + $98|
|Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo||10,000 points + $104|
|Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa||15,000 points + $186|
|Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort||12,500 points + $75|
|Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya||12,500 points + $71|
|Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour||15,000 points + $126|
|Park Hyatt Mallorca||
12,500 points + €129
|Grand Hyatt Baha Mar||10,000 points + $85|
TPG value’s Hyatt points so highly because you can get some killer redemptions for a very minimal amount of points compared to other loyalty programs. Plus, you shouldn’t be paying any resort fees on award redemptions (Points + Cash bookings are subject to resort fees). Still, it’s worth comparing cash rates to points redemptions if you are going to take advantage of this sale; it could still make sense to forgo booking with points if cash rates are very low.
Featured photo of the Park Hyatt Maldives by Darren Murph / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team