Act Quick: Register by October 31 for IHG’s Instant Spire Elite Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is currently running an Instant Spire Elite offer where full-time employees of an eligible company can get Spire Elite status for 90 days simply by registering. TPG values Spire Elite status at $2,615, but this valuation assumes you’re staying at IHG properties for at least the 75 nights normally required to obtain Spire Elite status.
The challenge is based on the number of nights you stay during the 90 days after registering for the offer:
- Stay five nights to keep Platinum Elite status through the end of 2019
- Stay ten nights to keep Spire Elite status through the end of 2019
You can get Platinum Elite status simply by having the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. And while getting Spire Elite status for 90 days is certainly helpful, there’s an even more valuable aspect to this offer: keeping Spire Elite status through the end of 2019.
- The offer is for full-time employees of an eligible company (however, the terms and conditions don’t define which companies are eligible)
- Instant Spire Elite members under this offer will receive the bonus points or gifting benefit after completion of the required nights
- You must stay at an IHG hotel between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018
- If you don’t complete the challenge, you’ll be downgraded to your previous membership level as of January 30, 2019
- You must book your nights through an Eligible Company corporate booking tool or direct on IHG’s website
- Each night must have a minimum qualifying rate of $35
- Nights stayed prior to registration or outside the 90-day window after registration aren’t eligible
- This offer is only available for new bookings that are made and stayed during the offer period (Although this could mean that all reservations must be booked by October 31, I take this to mean that only reservations made after registration for the offer and completed within the 90-day window after registration will count.)
Putting It to the Test
I’ve registered for this offer.
I received an email noting that I’ve register for the offer.
The offer is even showing up in the Offers section of my IHG account.
But, my elite status still shows as Platinum Elite. Until I see Spire Elite appear as my status, I’m not going to assume the offer will be honored for me. After all, the terms clearly note that the offer is for full-time employees of an eligible company — but it’s unclear which companies are eligible.
If you’re looking for a data point: A reader on View from the Wing says he signed up for the promotion on October 15 but still hadn’t received Spire Elite status as of October 27. After hours on the phone with IHG, he said a supervisor offered him the challenge to obtain Spire Elite after staying 10 nights in 90 days but wouldn’t provide the instant status for 90 days. He eventually got a manager to make an exception and honor the entire offer. So, your mileage may vary with this offer.
H/T: Points Nerd
Featured photo of IHG Hotel Indigo Madrid – Gran Via courtesy of IHG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!