Earn up to 40,000 bonus Avios with increased welcome bonuses for British Airways American Express credit cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express are welcoming the new year with significantly increased welcome bonuses on two of our favourite credits cards for a limited time only.
British Airways’ Executive Club is the largest and most well-known airline loyalty programme in the United Kingdom. One of the easiest and quickest ways to collect Avios, the currency of Executive Club, is with a British Airways cobranded American Express credit card.
Right now you can earn 10,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership with the British Airways American Express Card which is a great welcome bonus for a card with no annual fee. This card earns a solid 1 Avios per £1 spent.
The British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card now comes with a huge 40,000 bonus Avios after spending £3,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. This card earns a generous 1.5 Avios per £1 spent and comes with a £250 annual fee. Combine this with the new and improved Companion Voucher you can earn with this card and it becomes one of the best points-earning credit cards available in the United Kingdom.
Why is the Companion Voucher earned from the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card now so valuable?
- You can redeem your Companion Voucher for any cabin of service with British Airways, from economy to first class, provided there are two seats available to book with Avios.
- British Airways has recently doubled the guaranteed minimum number of seats bookable with Avios and companion vouchers, making it easier than ever to find the seats to the destination you want.
- British Airways has now released additional Club World availability specifically for companion vouchers earned from this card.
- You can now start your journey anywhere, not just in the U.K., which is great if you just want to book a one-way redemption or want to avoid the costly U.K. APD tax.
- You can use this voucher to book mixed-class redemptions and open jaws if you wish.
- When earned with this card, the companion voucher is valid is for a generous two years. You must book and travel (at least outbound) before the voucher’s expiry date. That’s plenty of time to plan and book your dream redemption.
Applicants must apply and be approved by 28 February 2022 to earn these increased welcome bonus offers. Remember the restrictions on earning welcome bonuses with American Express credit cards.
You can apply for the British Airways American Express Card here or the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card here.
Featured image by Josh Gribben / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!