This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Always wanted to try your hand at paddleboarding, but were too intimidated to head straight into the surf? Or dreamed of joining local climbers on coastal cliffs? Or simply wanted the stamina to actively enjoy a new destination?
Exercise can be a key part of preparing for a trip — especially specialized courses designed to mimic real-life experiences. That’s one of the reasons JetBlue Vacations has partnered with the Bermuda Tourism Authority and ClassPass to create Bermuda Jet/Set, a series of limited time, Bermuda-inspired classes meant to train travelers for their next beach getaway.
“Because JetBlue Vacations offers [customers] one-stop shopping for airfare and hotel packages, the hardest part of getting away is putting the itinerary together,” Heather Berko, the manager of advertising at JetBlue told TPG. “That’s why we created Bermuda Jet/Set.”
In addition go helping you stand steady during a paddleboarding-style class at SurfSet NYC (in the East Village), or bracing yourself for an off-road run at the Mile High Run Club, the Bermuda adventure exercises may be enough motivation to get New Yorkers out of the city and onto a Bermuda-bound JetBlue flight.
“With busy fall schedules looming, Bermuda Jet/Set encourages New Yorkers to literally climb out of their post-Labor Day blues,” Berko explained. And she does mean that quite literally. One of the classes on offer is “coastal cliff rock climbing” at the indoor rock gym, Brooklyn Boulders.
Whether you want to tone up before a fall beach trip or simply want to pretend you’re surfing toward Bermuda’s blushing pink beaches, the Bermuda Jet/Set classes open for booking in the ClassPass app at noon on Aug. 28. (Not a ClassPass member? Register for a two-week free trial at classpass.com/try/jetset.)
Classes are free and available on a first-come, first-serve basis through the app between Sept. 4 and Sept. 9. In addition to paddleboarding at SurfSet NYC, rock climbing at Brooklyn Boulders and running with the Mile High Run Club, fitness enthusiasts can also try trail cycling at Cyc Fitness and a Bermudan obstacle course at Switch Playground.
But if all this really just makes you want to book an island getaway, JetBlue operates flights twice a day from New York City (JFK) to Bermuda’s LF Wade International Airport (BDA), and daily flights from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) — all on A320s. The flight takes just about 90 minutes from New York City, meaning you can grab a bagel in Manhattan, catch your flight and be oceanside later that same afternoon.
Just this past weekend, JetBlue became a new Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, allowing Chase cardholders to transfer Ultimate Rewards points to the JetBlue TrueBlue program at a rate of 1:1. JetBlue is also a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards and the Citi ThankYou Rewards program, though the transfer ratios are less advantageous.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team