Loganair adds 2 new international routes from Edinburgh, increases domestic services
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Loganair announced on Monday that it’ll add two new routes from its base at Edinburgh Airport (EDI) as well as increasing domestic services from its Glasgow (GLA) base. Passengers will soon be able to fly direct from Edinburgh to Esbjerg, Denmark (EBJ) and Hannover, Germany (HAJ). Meanwhile, there will be additional services from Glasgow to Benbecula (BEB) in the Outer Hebrides, increasing seat capacity by a third.
Related reading: What it was like to be on the world’s shortest flight
Flights to Hannover — home to the second-largest Oktoberfest in the world — will operate five times weekly and start 17 April 2020. The schedule will operate as follows:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
- LM0383 Edinburgh (EDI) 9:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ Hannover (HAJ) 11:10 a.m. Arrival
- LM0384 Hannover (HAJ) 11:45 a.m. Departure ⇒ Edinburgh (EDI) 1:45 p.m. Arrival
- LM0383 Edinburgh (EDI) 8:30 a.m. Departure ⇒ Hannover (HAJ) 10:20 a.m. Arrival
- LM0384 Hannover (HAJ) 10:55 a.m. Departure ⇒ Edinburgh (EDI) 12:55 p.m. Arrival
Saturdays (from June 13 June to 26 September):
- LM0383 Edinburgh (EDI) 1:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ Hannover (HAJ) 3:20 p.m. Arrival
- LM0384 Hannover (HAJ) 3:55 p.m. Departure ⇒ Edinburgh (EDI) 5:55 p.m. Arrival
Flights to Esbjerg will be less frequent, with three weekly flights on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The city is already served by the airline from Aberdeen (ABZ). The first flight will be 7 May 2020 and the schedule is planned as follows:
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- LM0387 Edinburgh (EDI) 9:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ Esbjerg (EBJ) 11:20 a.m. Arrival
- LM0388 Esbjerg (EBJ) 12:00 p.m. Departure ⇒ Edinburgh (EDI) 1:30 p.m. Arrival
- LM0387 Edinburgh (EDI) 1:35 p.m. Departure ⇒ Esbjerg (EBJ) 3:05 a.m. Arrival
- LM0388 Esbjerg (EBJ) 3:40 p.m. Departure ⇒ Edinburgh (EDI) 5:10 p.m. Arrival
The airline also plans to boost its domestic connections with flights from Glasgow to Benbecula, which will be operated by an Embraer regional jet. The added frequencies are set to boost tourism and are set to begin in February 2020. Tickets on all new routes are now available to purchase.
Featured image by Nicholas Economou/Nur Photos via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!