Loganair announces 5 new UK routes for first half of 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Loganair has detailed more routes that it’s adding for the beginning of 2020. As reported by RoutesOnline, the Scottish-based regional carrier is adding a slew of new routes between UK cities and Norway or other UK destinations.
Each of the following new routes will launch at some point in the first half of 2020:
- Aberdeen (ABZ) to East Midlands (EMA) — 6x weekly with an ERJ145 effective 24 February 2020
- LM0065 Aberdeen (ABZ) 2:10 p.m. Departure ⇒ East Midlands (EMA) 3:30 p.m. Arrival
- LM0066 East Midlands (EMA) 4 p.m. Departure ⇒ Aberdeen (ABZ) 5:20 p.m. Arrival
- Aberdeen (ABZ) to Haugesund (HAU) — 6x weekly with an ERJ135/145 effective 24 February 2020
- LM0051 Aberdeen (ABZ) 11:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Haugesund (HAU) 1:25 p.m. Arrival
- LM0052 Haugesund (HAU) 2 p.m. Departure ⇒ Aberdeen (ABZ) 2:15 p.m. Arrival
- Glasgow (GLA) to Cardiff (CWL) — 6x weekly with an ERJ145 effective 27 February 2020 (increasing to 12x weekly as of 29 March 2020)
- LM0227 Glasgow (GLA) 7:45 p.m. Departure ⇒ Cardiff (CWL) 9 p.m. Arrival
- LM0228 Cardiff (CWL) 9:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ Glasgow (GLA) 10:45 p.m. Arrival
- Newcastle (NCL) to Bergen (BGO) — 3x weekly with an ERJ135 effective 26 April 2020 (increasing to 4x weekly as of 22 May 2020)
- LM0506 Newcastle (NCL) 9:55 a.m. Departure ⇒ Bergen (BGO) 12:35 p.m. Arrival
- LM0507 Bergen (BGO) 1:05 p.m. Departure ⇒ Newcastle (NCL) 1:40 p.m. Arrival
- Newcastle (NCL) to Guernsey (GCI) — 1x weekly with an ERJ135 effective 6 June 2020
- LM0509 Newcastle (NCL) 9 a.m. Departure ⇒ Guernsey (GCI) 10:30 a.m. Arrival
- LM0510 Guernsey (GCI) 4 p.m. Departure ⇒ Newcastle (NCL) 5:30 p.m. Arrival
Each of the new routes are already showing on the Loganair website and are therefore available to book.
The new routes are in addition to the carrier’s already-announced winter 2019/2020 schedule changes. Those include switching its current Derry (LDY) to London route from Stansted (STN) to Southend (SEN) as of 27 October. In addition, the carrier is also reducing its service from Belfast City (BHD) to Carlisle (CAX) and from Dublin (DUB) to Carlisle (CAX).
Notably in these early 2020 route additions, London is missing. The carrier is clearly emphasising its operations between regional UK cities and beyond by way of Norway.
Featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!