Get Your Points Ready: Marriott Is Adding 12 Luxury Hotels to Its Portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is continuing to expand the number of properties in the Autograph Collection, according to Business Traveler.
If you’re not familiar with the Autograph Collection, Marriott would tell you “the vision behind Autograph Collection Hotels is to celebrate individuality and independence by creating an evolving ensemble of strikingly independent four and five star hotels.” Essentially, these are hand-picked, unique hotels that offer amazing experiences and high-end luxury. If that sounds like your cup of tea, then good news, because Marriott has added 12 new properties to the collection. This is only a drop in the bucket in Marriott’s overall plan to add 1,700 properties by 2021.
New Autograph Collection Additions:
- Academia of Athens
- Aegon Mykonos, a beach resort and spa
- Hotel Universo, a sixteenth-century palace in the walled city of Lucca, near Florence
- The Shelbourne, an historic Dublin hotel
- Sapphire House in Antwerp, located inside the city’s original Royal Exchange
- Hotel Querencia de Seville
- La Caserne Chanzy, in Reims, northeast France
- Hotel Banke, near the Louvre in Paris
- Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic in Montreux, near Switzerland’s Lake Geneva
- Bernini Rome, near the Italian capital’s Piazza Barberini
- Schloss Lieser, a castle in Germany’s Moselle region
- The Burdock in Istanbul
This latest expansion represents a 25% increase in the number of properties in Europe, giving guests plenty of unique options. Ready to book your stay? Well, only a couple of these new properties are actually bookable at the moment. Most will be coming online later this year. For now though, you can book reward stays at the Academia of Athens for 35,000 points or the Hotel Banke for 50,000 points.
Most of the Autograph Collection falls into Marriott reward categories 4-7, so depending on where your travels are taking you, expect to burn between 20,000 and 50,000 points per night when you stay on a reward booking. If you’re low on points, be sure to book your stay with your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card to earn points and top up your account for your next reward stay.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!