This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury Credit Card from American Express
Marriott is currently offering a promotion at select properties in Africa and the Middle East. Through this promotion, you can get each third night for free on stays of three nights or longer that are booked with a Mastercard. The stay must be booked and check-in completed by Dec. 31.
Rooms booked through this promotion are nonrefundable and payment must be made with a Mastercard at the time of booking. Unfortunately, the new Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card is a Visa card and the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card is an American Express card — so you’d be best off to use a Citi Prestige Card or Citi Premier Card to earn 3 Citi ThankYou points per dollar spent on the stay.
To see promotional rates, click through from Marriott’s promotional page and sign in to your loyalty account. This promotion only applies to the hotel room rate and room tax, so you’ll be responsible for other hotel charges, service charges and other applicable taxes for your entire stay. The promotion’s terms and conditions say the “offers are based on Marriott’s best available unrestricted retail rates.” Several test searches found that these rates are indeed competitive.
This promotion is available at many attractive properties, including Le Méridien N’Fis in Marrakech, Morocco. TPG‘s Lori Zaino loved the property’s spacious suites, beautiful pool and delicious tea when she stayed earlier this year.
The promotion is also valid at beautiful Le Méridien Ile Maurice in Mauritius.
Or, if you want to stay next to pyramids in Egypt, the promotion is also available at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa in Cairo.
The promotion’s terms and conditions list the following three offers:
- Buy 2 nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a three-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 3 Nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a four-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 4 Nights, Receive 2 Free Nights Offer, which is only valid for a six-night minimum/maximum length of stay
But, when clicking through to various properties, the rate provides every third night free. See the following evidence of three free nights on a nine-night stay:
If you have plans to visit Africa or the Middle East this November or December for a stay of at least three nights, this promotion is worth considering.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Le Méridien Ile Maurice courtesy of the property.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team