This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may be a sweltering 100 degrees in New York right now — give or take a few degrees — but, according to Starbucks, it’s apparently a beautiful day to get a nice, warm, pumpkin spice latte.
That’s right, Starbucks’ famed PSL came back on Tuesday, which means the fall hysteria, (a $100 million boon for the coffee chain, Forbes estimated in 2015) has officially begun. So get out your Ugg boots and leggings, and pretend that today isn’t the hottest day of the year. May we suggest getting one iced, though?
Starbucks isn’t the only company that is trying to start fall in the summer. American Airlines will be having some new beers on board starting Sept. 1. According to the airline, the Sam Adams beer will turn into a rotational, starting with Octoberfest and shifting to another seasonal flavor after two months. American’s selection of potent autumn potables will also feature a Goose Island IPA and a Fat Tire Belgian White. Let’s just say the airline is jumping on the pumpkin
If autumnal flavors aren’t your thing, and you want to avoid all things pumpkin spice, you might want to try one of these anti-fall foliage, anti-pumpkin trips. We guarantee there won’t be a single Starbucks in sight.
But, if you are going to take advantage of the most “basic” day of the year, be sure to use a credit card that racks up points on dining, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x). You should also keep an eye out for Starbucks’ new rewards program, launching sometime next year.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team