This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pakistan International Airlines, or PIA, is rolling out a full rebranding, including a new livery. In the Pakistani flag carrier’s rebranding video, the new livery is projected on a jet that the carrier doesn’t have in its fleet. It doesn’t even have an order for the aircraft in place, and it likely never will — none other than the superjumbo A380.
In the rebranding video, which PIA posted on its Facebook account, the carrier details how it’s going to go above and beyond to begin anew with better service, product and overall reputation than it’s been known to have. The video is, well… kind of cringeworthy. You can watch it for yourself, below:
Pakistan Airlines does not operate any routes to the US, and it most definitely does not have any A380s in its fleet. Instead, its long-haul fleet consists of 777s and 747s.
While the video is a bit on the corny side, it could mean positive things to come for PIA. A quick search on Trip Advisor shows the low bar that the new, rebranded PIA has to surpass. Hopefully this is video is a sign of positive things to come — one that could make PIA a viable option. Still, it’s highly unlikely that the carrier will get A380s.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team