This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just eight months after Amazon first began shipping Whole Foods orders to Prime members’ doorsteps in select locations, the service has expanded to include millions of additional customers in more than four dozen US cities.
The huge online retailer, which bought Whole Foods in 2017, announced Wednesday that it had expanded the Prime Now service to Annapolis, Maryland; Cleveland, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; North and Central New Jersey and Pittsburgh, as well as additional locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. In all, the door-to-door service is available in 53 cities, including all 10 of the largest US cities by population. Amazon says it plans to continue expansion of the service throughout the remainder of the year.
Enter your ZIP code online or on the mobile app to see if delivery is available in your area. With this feature, Prime members can shop for thousands of Whole Foods items for delivery, including fresh and organic produce, bakery, dairy, floral and meat and seafood. If you have Alexa, you can also learn if the service is available in your area by asking, “Alexa, shop Whole Foods.” Whole Foods delivery through Prime Now is available every day between 8am and 10pm.
On top of the 10% discount Prime members already receive on sale items, you can trim your grocery bill even more by using a credit card that rewards Amazon spending. Earn 5% cash back on purchases at Whole Foods and at Amazon.com with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, for example.
Meanwhile, Whole Foods says it has expanded its curbside grocery pickup service to three new cities: Dayton, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky and Omaha, Nebraska. The service launched in August and is available in eight cities. Prime members can order grocery pickup at checkout when they shop online or use the Prime Now app. Customers can choose free pickup in as little as an hour on orders of at least $35, or in 30 minutes for a $4.99 fee.
Featured image by John Leyba / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team