This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’ll soon be easier — or at least far more comfortable — to get to Cape Town, South Africa (CPT).
As Traveling For Miles notes, beginning 17 November, Qatar Airways will be flying an Airbus A350-1000 on the Doha (DOH)-Cape Town route, replacing the standard 1-2-1 reverse-herringbone product on the A350-900 with the carrier’s far-superior Qsuite, our top business-class pick.
Once Qsuite service kicks off on the DOH-CPT route, you’ll be able to fly Qatar’s top product all the way from the UK to the South African capital.
While award space appears to be wide open on the flight between Doha and Cape Town, you might have some trouble finding availability from the UK.
Alternatively, Qatar consistently offers excellent paid fares between Oslo (OSL) and Cape Town, though you’ll need to position to Norway.
16,934 NOK works out to just $£1,574 — a very reasonable fare for Qatar’s phenomenal Qsuite product to South Africa. Keep in mind that the OSL-DOH leg is operated by the older, non-Qsuite product.
For more on flying Qatar’s Qsuite, see:
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team