This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG UK this week. Here’s what you need to know:
So you’ve got 50,000 Avios and Companion Voucher. What are the best ways to use them to get the most value?
It’s BA’s 100th birthday. And to celebrate, it’s targeting Executive Club members who share a birthday on 25 August.
If you haven’t yet registered for Marriott’s promotion, it’s not to late to do so in order to earn bonus points on your next stays.
Some of Europe’s best Christmas markets are well within reach — and affordable — from the UK.
BA is still using its A350s with the new Club Suite on some routes to Madrid.
Read this guide for advice on how to work a free stopover in the Middle East on to your next trip.
The Royal family made headlines this week when news broke that Harry and Meghan flew private. So just how much would they have to pay in order to offset their flights?
Later in the week, William and Kate took a Flybe flight to Scotland — quite the opposite of a private jet experience.
If you’ve been on a Dreamliner, chances are you’ve been curious how those fancy windows work. Read up on the tech here.
TPG UK got behind-the-scenes access at Heathrow Airport with Malaysia Airlines. Check out what it was like to turn an A350 around.
Not all awards were created the same — especially with British Airways Avios. More specifically, in order to book some awards, you’ll have to call BA.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team