This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG UK this week. Here’s what you need to know:
Part of the TPG UK team took off for New York this week on Virgin Atlantic’s brand new A350. Check out what Nicky Kelvin thought of the carrier’s new Upper Class Suite in his full review.
And while you’re at it, why not see what the Premium experience was like?
One of the biggest stories this week involved two full days of virtually no British Airways flights. Thousands of passengers had their flights cancelled amid the strikes.
Start planning your holiday with your September paycheck now.
No, A380s aren’t commonplace in Oakland. So what was one of BA’s doing there?
The low-cost carrier has once again wet-leased Hi-Fly’s A380.
Hint: Business-class flights within Turkey are extremely cheap. And if you choose carefully, you can get a lie-flat seat.
When is the Platinum Card from Amex UK worth its steep annual fee?
See what the experience was like flying a wet-leased Norwegian aircraft.
The 787 is one of the most advanced aircraft in the sky. Here are six facts that set it apart.
Have a Priority Pass and travelling through Heathrow? These are your best lounge options.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team