This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Enterprise differentiated itself for years by being the car rental service that wouldn’t hesitate to pick you up (come on, you remember the commercials), and now it appears that Silvercar by Audi is taking that concept even further. Silvercar customers can now request their Audi rental to be delivered to them and then picked up again when they’re done in Manhattan, Brooklyn and San Francisco, and we’re hopeful that more locations will come online with this service in the near future.
Beginning today, Silvercar by Audi Delivery & Pick Up delivery service can be requested via the Silvercar app at the following downtown locations:
- New York City – Manhattan at 42nd Street
- New York City – Columbus Circle
- New York City – Downtown Brooklyn
- New York City – Williamsburg Brooklyn
- San Francisco – Union Square
Requests must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance. While this is no doubt a boon for traveling families who could always use one fewer logistical hurdle, the service doesn’t come cheap. Delivery and pick-up in San Francisco is a $50 charge, while NYC locations will charge between $75 and $100, depending on the day of the week.
Silvercar does include in-car Wi-Fi, Peg Perego car seats free of charge, ski racks (at mountain locations) and even premium pet hammocks for use in Audi A4 and Q5 models, which may help soften that blow somewhat. Those fees don’t exactly fit within the “$20 rule” to de-stress your next family trip, but it’s close enough to consider.
You can keep Silvercar rates in check a bit by taking advantage of a $25 incentive for first-time renters as well discount codes such as VISAINF20 to save 20% if you have a Visa Infinite card, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. For rentals of five days or longer, the code WEEKLY30 will save you 30% (even on the new Q7 SUVs).
Silvercar also announced that it is adding Boston to the list of rental locations as of April 15.
Before you make your next booking, here’s a rundown of credit cards that include primary car rental coverage and five steps for the perfect car rental (though you don’t really need most of those tips if you rent with Silvercar since they make things pretty easy).
Featured image courtesy of Silvercar
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team