Wizz Air announces 5 new routes from London for summer travel and beyond
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As travel restrictions across Europe are starting to ease, Wizz Air announced on Friday that it will be launching five new routes — four of which will start this summer.
Related reading: Comparing Europe’s top 4 low-cost carriers
Popular Spanish hot spots for British holidaymakers like Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca will now added to its route network from London Luton (LTN). The airline is seeking to get Britain travelling again, with the news coming just days after Spain announced that there will be no quarantine requirement for tourists from 1 July.
However, there are still FCO restrictions in place that state that Brits should only travel if it’s essential.
The first route to launch with be to the Canary Island of Gran Canaria (LPA) on 4 June and will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with the following schedule:
- W9 2971 London (LTN) 6:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Gran Canaria (LPA) 10:55 a.m. Arrival
- W9 2972 Gran Canaria (LPA) 11:30 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LTN) 3:50 p.m. Arrival
Next, on 1 July, will be Malaga (AGP) and Palma de Mallorca (PMI). Flights to Malaga will be daily and the schedule for Malaga is as follows:
- W9 5123 London (LTN) 6:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ Malaga (AGP) 10:35 a.m. Arrival
- W9 5124 Malaga (AGP) 11:15 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LTN) 1:05 p.m. Arrival
And this is the schedule for Palma de Mallorca (PMI) which will operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
- W9 5125 London (LTN) 6:00 a.m. Departure ⇒ Palma (PMI) 9:20 a.m. Arrival
- W9 5126 Palma (PMI) 10:00 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LTN) 11:20 p.m. Arrival
On 3 July another Canary Island will be added to the network Fuerteventura Fridays and Mondays
- W9 5121 London (LTN) 12:55 p.m. Departure ⇒ Fuerteventura (FUE) 5:10 p.m. Arrival
- W9 5122 Fuerteventura (FUE) 5:45 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LTN) 9:55 p.m. Arrival
And finally, for the winter season, flights to Lanzarote (ACE) will start on 27 October operating on Tuesdays and Saturdays:
- W9 5117 London (LTN) 6:10 a.m. Departure ⇒ Lanzarote (ACE) 10:40 a.m. Arrival
- W9 5118 Lanzarote (ACE) 11:25 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LTN) 3:35 p.m. Arrival
Related reading: Is a Wizz Air Discount Club membership worth it?
As of July, the airline will be opening its 28th base at Larnaca (LCA) Airport in Cyprus where it will base two A320 aircraft.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!