Amex Surprising Centurion Lounge Visitors With Holiday Gifts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Your next visit to an American Express Centurion Lounge may be a bit more rewarding than normal.
From now through Dec. 17, guests at the eight US Centurion lounges are being surprised with a special gift set or the chance to meet one of the lounge’s executive chefs or head mixologist.
American Express says guests can expect to see the following during upcoming visits:
The Centurion Lounge food and beverage partners will make special surprise appearances within the lounges as well as treat Card Members to activities and giveaways including tastings of special seasonal dishes, custom holiday recipe cards, exclusive spice blends, and cookbook signings…
Card Members will also enjoy surprise and delight treats like: L’Occitane skin care sets, Vosges chocolate making, Allure beauty boxes, hot chocolate and Sanctuary T stations by Marriott. Before departing, Card Members will also receive a special gift: Dopp Kit sets from Away, packed with travel essentials
Bryan N. said he got the same L’Occitane kit in Seattle (SEA) and then an Allure beauty box when passing through San Francisco’s (SFO) Centurion Lounge. Rob J. said they were available at the Philadelphia location last night and Jason T. nabbed one at MIA.
Still, this doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed to get a gift or meet a chef. Summer Hull, Editor of TPG Family, said that she saw nothing out of the ordinary when flying out of LGA on Dec. 5 and many other lounge members left gift-less after their time in various Centurion Lounges.
In addition to the gifts, Amex is bringing in its executive chefs at the following locations for short pop-up visits:
- Cédric Vongerichten at LaGuardia Airport and Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport
- Dean Fearing at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Daniel Patterson at San Francisco International Airport
- Michelle Bernstein at Miami International Airport
- Justin Yu at Houston’s George Bush International Airport
- Michael Solomonov at Philadelphia International Airport
- Jim Meehan, Head Mixologist of all Centurion Lounges at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Cédric Vongerichten, who spends most of his time cooking for Perry St. in NYC, appeared at LGA today with what seems to be a special food spread and boxes of spices to giveaway.
You shouldn’t count on scoring anything specific, but if you were already planning on going to a lounge it’ll be nice to walk away with a special present. Amex is known for giving out holiday gifts, although they’re usually sent to individual cardholder’s homes.
Just remember you’ll need one of the following Amex cards to access the Centurion Lounges:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (including all varieties like Schwab, Ameriprise, etc.)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express Centurion or Business Centurion Card
For more, read our Ultimate Guide to Amex Centurion Lounges.
Featured image courtesy of Geovana I. / Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!