This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean is rolling out the largest ever cruise ship tomorrow. Not only is it the largest cruise-liner, but it’s also actually the biggest ship in the entire world. The Symphony of the Seas will depart on its inaugural journey tomorrow with Barcelona in its sights.
Royal Caribbean released a wild video today showing off Symphony. The minute-and-a-half clip reveals the true size and scope of the ship that weighs 228,081 gross tons and measures in at a whopping 1,188 feet.
The hyperlapse takes us through the ship’s abundance of restaurants, multiple water slides, theaters and even zip-line. You’ll get a peek at the massive two-floor Ultimate Family Suite, and everyone knows that a ship isn’t complete without a robot bartender…
The Symphony of the Seas is slightly larger than its predecessor, Harmony of the Seas, which was delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2016. Symphony has 2,759 staterooms and a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests and an additional 2,200 crew.
The boat will return from the Mediterranean to Florida in the fall, serving trips to Caribbean destinations. Remember that it is possible to book cruises with points and miles, meaning it might be feasible to book a trip on the Symphony with points (note that you might not be getting the best value from your points when redeemed this way).
Featured image and video courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team